This fun reading challenge began June 1st, however it is not too late to join in! I have always had a blast joining the Semi-Charmed book challenges and am always enthused with finding out what categories she will come up with next.
- The challenge will run from June 1, 2016, to August 31, 2016. No books that are started before 12 a.m. on June 1 or finished after 11:59 p.m. on August 31 will count.
- Each book must be at least 150 pages long. Audiobooks and large-print books are fine, as long as the regular print version meets the length requirement.
- A book can only be used for one category and each category can only be completed once.
- The highest possible total is 200 points and the first five people who finish the challenge will be invited to contribute a category for the winter 2016 challenge.
- Freebie! Read any book at least 150 pages long. 5 points.
- Read a collection of short stories or essays. 10 points.
- Read an adult fiction book written by an author who normally writes books for children. 10 points.
- Read a book set in Appalachia. 15 points.
- Read a book with a cover that you personally find unappealing. 15 points.
- Read a book that you have previously only seen the film (movie) of. 20 points.
- Read a book with a punny title. 25 points.
- Read a microhistory. 30 points.
- Read one book with a good word in the title and one with a bad word. 30 points.
- Read two books that contain the same word in the title, but once in the singular and once in the plural. 40 points.
Are you planning on participating in this book challenge?